Sunday, December 2, 2012

Analog lamp for a digital view

I have a six year old point Sony W100 shoot camera. This Diwali, I got interested in attempting an bokeh shot with this camera and this is what I got. Quite proud of it as the visual had significance and interpretation for me. I would like to share it with you all.

A deeya lit on diwali at my house
A deeya (lamp) lit during the festival of Diwali in India



We live in a electronic and digital world. Everything works on electricity. With out it we get paranoid and start comparing out existence with the early man. I know that's ridiculous, but then we also know how wired we all are to the comforts of technology.

The festival of Diwali in India is celebrated with lighting of oil lamps in and around your house. It may be a ritual of sort but then, it brings in some down to earth surprise too. Oil lamps are ... well, kind of analog for today's generation. But they are to visibility as what morse code would be for communication. Primitive but reliable and so very natural. I think it keeps us grounded to know and appreciate the simple pleasures of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment