Saturday, November 2, 2013

Asura's Wrath - The Movie (Game Play Cut Scenes)

Asura is a know character in the Indian mythology. So when i discovered this movie on YouTube, I knew that this had to be a mythology. What surprised me was the 4 and half hour length that it had. Anyways, I started off to watch this epic.

Asura's Wrath - A Game for XBox & Playstation released in 2012


Asura's Wrath is an Japanese Video game produced by Kazuhiro Tsuchiya. The movie is made from the cut scenes from the game. The game was designed episodic and was termed as a multimedia game rather than a typical game. It had opening and ending credits just like episodes of a television serial. For more you can visit the wiki page of this movie.

The begining got me hooked as Asura, a demigod, gets betrayed by other demigods and in doing so, looses his wife and child. His rage, there on, has no bound and he goes after the gods relentlessly trying to quell his inner rage, which he too seems to have lost control of.

The movie, though long, takes you through a journey and has been inspired from Hinduism and Buddhism and their mythologies in creating this epic fictional tale. It took me three sittings to complete this movie. But I did, and it was a great watch. It seemed to be focused on a single character, the protagonist Asura. But the layers and plot phases that get added along the way makes it an engaging journey. The climax is worth the long watch, in case you sat though it with interest.




On a side note - I know this is a game and general entertainment, so to speak.But, there was so much to take away from this movie for me. I guess, that is what got me to like it in the first place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment